The EVA-DRY 1100 Petite Dehumidifier: A Small But Mighty Contender
A Fit For Small Spaces
High humidity in your home, office or RV can be annoying and unhealthy. A dehumidifier can help control humidity levels but not every space is large enough for a full compressor style dehumidifier. Fortunately, more and more manufacturers recognize the need for dehumidifiers that fit into small spaces. One product that fits this niche is the EVA-DRY 1100 Petite Dehumidifier.
The EVA-DRY 1100 is what is referred to in the industry as a mini dehumidifier and it definitely lives up to this name. At just 6 ½ inches long and 8 ½ inches high and weighing just over three pounds, this dehumidifier is a mini among minis.
This petite dehumidifier can remove water from the air in an 1100 cubic foot space. That means it will work effectively in a room that is approximately 10 by 13.5 feet with an 8-foot ceiling. A bathroom, closet, small bedroom, laundry room, or office are all perfect locations for this compact machine. Because of its light weight, the EVA-DRY 1100 is also convenient for vacation travel in an RV.
Whisper Soft Performance
The EVA-DRY 1100 is also quiet, making use of what the manufacturer calls “Whisper Technology”. The EVA-DRY 1100 uses Peltier technology rather than a compressor to create a cold surface upon which water condenses and is pulled from the air. Peltier technology or the Peltier effect is named after the French physicist who discovered it. This technology is also known as thermoelectric cooling. In thermoelectric cooling heat is transferred from one metal surface to another in response to electrical impulses passing through the two materials. When the heat transfers to one of the metals, it is removed from the other. The result is that one surface is cooled when the other is warmed. This cooling is what is needed for your dehumidifier to work.
As air is passed through the dehumidifier, water molecules condense on the cool surface and then drip down into a collection tray. Because the only moving part in the EVA-DRY 1100 is the fan, it operates very quietly. That makes the EVA-DRY an even better choice for small spaces. Instead of a compressor turning on and off all night, you can use the EVA-DRY to dehumidify your bedroom and only hear the gentle hum of the fan.
Despite its size, the EVA-DRY can still remove up to 8 ounces of water from a room in 24 hours. While this doesn’t compare to a full sized compressor dehumidifier, it is still impressive. This mini dehumidifier can help you dry out your bathroom in a fraction of the time it would take to dry out naturally.
Plus, with its quiet operation, you can leave the EVA-DRY 1100 running continuously to keep your room dry. The water reservoir in the EVA-DRY 1100 holds up to 16 ounces of liquid. Once this container is full, the dehumidifier will shut off to prevent it from overflowing and an indicator light will remind you that it is time to empty the reservoir.
Because the EVA-DRY relies on thermoelectric technology, it has the added benefit of not using refrigeration chemicals to create its cooling effect. This makes it safer and more environmentally friendly than the more powerful compressor-based machines. Unfortunately, the energy needed to operate a large thermoelectric unit makes doing so not economically feasible. But for a small room, the EVA-DRY 1100 is just the thing.
The EVA-Dry 100 Petite Dehumidifier doesn’t work as quickly as a compressor dehumidifier so it is best for small rooms that need steady dehumidifying rather than an emergency dry-out. Remember that a mini dehumidifier won’t work in large rooms and isn’t designed for use in open spaces.
This unit is small enough to sit on a counter top and has rubber feet to prevent it from sliding. The power cord on the EVA-Dry 1100 is short and somewhat bulky so you may have to hunt for just the right location to place it in your room. But once it is up and running you will enjoy a dryer more comfortable space. The EVA-DRY 1100 is also value priced so you can place on in each of your rooms for quiet and convenient dehumidification.
When choosing whether or not the EVA-DRY 1100 is the right dehumidifier for your needs, consider the following:
- Tiny footprint
- Quiet Operation
- Automatic Shut Off
- 16-Ounce Capacity
- Chemical Free
- Slow Dehumidification
- Short Power Cord
- Small Room Coverage
- If you have an older home that doesn’t have ventilation fans in the bathrooms, place one unit in each bathroom. Dehumidifying these rooms after a shower will help cut down on mildew and dry your bath towels faster.
- If your office tends to become humid during part of the year, bring in this petite unit to help dry things out. Since it automatically turns itself off when the reservoir is full, you won’t have to worry about spills.
- Does your closet tend to collect moisture? Keep an EVA-DRY 1100 inside and help protect your clothing from mold and mildew.
- Use the EVA-DRY 1100 in your laundry room to help cut down on the moisture and dry the room out faster after a busy laundry day.
- When camping, either in an RV, truck cab or cabin the EVA-DRY 1100 is compact enough to take with you. Eliminate odors and limit the growth of mold and fungus by keeping the humidity down during your travels.
- Place a unit in your attic to help remove moisture after a leak.
- Note: I do not recommend leaving any small appliance plugged in and unattended for longer than 24 hours. So don’t leave your dehumidifier operating in your attic long-term. Instead, use if for a day or so to remove excess moisture while you work to repair the leak.
If you have a small space that could use a little boost to keep humidity at bay, the EVA-DRY 1100 Petite Dehumidifier might be just the thing. It won’t take must money or much space to find out.