One Powerful Dehumidifier To Manage Your Whole Home’s Environment
Lean more about Portable Dehumidifier here: Eva-Dry E-333 Mini Dehumidifier
The WhiteWing Defender is a basement dehumidifier, but it is powerful and versatile enough to improve airflow throughout your entire house. The WhiteWing Defender has a powerful fan that allows it to circulate air through a 2500 square foot room. In addition, the White Wing Defender can remove up to 109 pints of water per day. A direct gravity drain hose is used to keep the water flowing out of your humid basement and down the drain.
With a compact rectangular design, the WhiteWing Defender can fit in a corner or a closet and still keep your basement dry. You can even use the WhiteWing Defender to circulate air through a crawl space to get rid of the moisture that allows mold and mildew to thrive there.
The White Wing Dehumidifier is designed with ease of use and efficiency in mind. Once installed, the features incorporated into the White Wing design technology will keep your system running smoothly with little or no bother. Here are just a few of the features that the WhiteWing Defender Basement Dehumidifier incorporates:
- Powerful Circulating Fan: The WhiteWing Dehumidifier has a powerful fan that circulates air at 300 cubic feet per minute (CFM). This is the same CFM used by some whole house ventilation systems. The White Wing’s powerful fan allows it to keep a 2200 square foot crawl space dry. With this level of power, your White Wing Dehumidifier doesn’t need to sit in the middle of the room to do its job. You can place the unit in a closet or other out of the way space, then add a vent to allow the fan to pull air to the dehumidifier for processing.
- Energy Efficient Performance: The WhiteWing Defender is Energy Star certified. Dehumidifierenergy efficiency is rated by the liters of water removed per kilowatt- hour (L/kWh). The U.S. government sets minimum standards of efficiency for dehumidifiers sold in the United States. Higher efficiency dehumidifiers can receive an ENERGY STAR rating, indicating that these machines meet even higher efficiency standards for energy use. Using an ENERGY STAR rated appliance keeps your energy bill lower and helps the environment. Keeping your basement dry will also help your home’s air conditioning system work more efficiently, for even more energy savings. Many states and regional power companies offer rebates for the purchase of ENERGY STAR rated appliances. So if you buy, be sure to enter your zip code to see if you can qualify for a rebate on your WhiteWing Defender Dehumidifier purchase.
- Cold Temperature Tolerance: Because basements can often be 15-20 degrees colder than the rest of your home, these colder temperatures can cause regular dehumidifiers to operate inefficiently or even shut down completely if frost forms on the coils used to cool air and collect moisture. But this machine is designed to operate at temperatures as low as 40 degrees. So it can remove moisture even from the colder air.
- Simple Maintenance: The WhiteWing Defender operates automatically. Once you have set your desired humidity level, the White Wing shuts on and off as needed to keep your room comfortable and dry. An automatic defrost thermostat activates if frost starts to form on the White Wing’s coils. In the event of a power interruption, the WhiteWing Defender even restarts itself. If your basement has a sump pump or other drainage system, the White Wing’s gravity fed discharge line can feed the water straight down the drain. If you are using your White Wing in a location where a lower level drain isn’t available, then an optional condensate pump can be used to pump water up to the nearest available drain. This reminds me of an important tip I learned several years ago when I had a very wet basement: If you are going to be out of town for several days, make sure that your sump pump will also restart in the event of a power interruption. Otherwise, you will need to make sure everything that feeds water to the sump pump is turned off!
- Lots of Versatility: I’ve already mentioned that the WhiteWing Defender allows you to use a gravity drainage system or install a condensate pump to move water up to a sink-type drain. And, you can set your preferred humidity level anywhere within a range from 26% to 90%. But, the White Wing can even be modified to service several rooms at once. Because it can process moisture in spaces up to 2500 square feet, you can spread that power around. Just install the optional duct kit to dry multiple rooms. If you don’t need your space dehumidified, but still want healthy air flow and circulation, the WhiteWing Defender can be operated in a fan-only mode. This feature is particularly useful because the WhiteWing Defender also comes with an MERV-11 plus carbon air filtration system.
- Air Filtration: Having a built-in air filter like the MERV-11 plus carbon air filtration system means that your White Wing dehumidifier is not only removing water but contaminants from your home’s air. MERV stands for Minimum Efficiency Rating Value. Using this system, filters are rated in a range from 1 to 20 for easy comparison. A higher MERV rating means that the filter can remove smaller particles from the air. An MERV-11 filter will remove most small allergens from the air, including dust mites, mold spores, and pet dander. An MERV-11 system is one of the highest ratings appropriate for use in residential settings as higher rated filters may actually cause your HVAC system to operate inefficiently. The White Wing’s filtration system also incorporates a carbon filter to handle gaseous contaminants and odors.
One Machine Lots Of Performance
As you can probably tell, the WhiteWing Defender is really more than just a simple dehumidifier. With this machine, your home’s humidity level can be maintained with little effort on your part. With the drainage system, there are no buckets to empty and the unit has a huge capacity for daily water removal. With the optional fan-only setting and filter the White Wing can serve as your home’s dehumidifier, whole-house air filter, and circulation system.
When you think about all it can do, the Defender is a lot of power in a small package for managing your home’s environment.