A Powerful Performer in Environmental Control: The Frigidaire Energy Star 70-pint Dehumidifier
Large Room- No Problem
When it comes to power, the Frigidaire Energy Star 70-pint Dehumidifier has it. This machine has a large capacity for full room dehumidification. The Frigidaire 70-pint Dehumidifier can handle rooms up to 1400 square feet. With numerous control features, the Frigidaire Energy Star 70-pint Dehumidifier can be used to dry a room quickly or continuously control moisture. Perfect for basements, bedrooms or other large spaces this Frigidaire dehumidifier can be used with a hose to continually drain water from the reservoir. If no connecting drain is available, then the machine will stop running once the reservoir is filled.
The Frigidaire 70-pint Dehumidifier weighs in at 45 pounds and can remove 70 pints of water from your room per day. Despite its size, the Frigidaire 70-pint Dehumidifier is equipped with features that make it easy to move. Top and side handles allow you to lift and move the unit and casters on the bottom allow you to roll it around your room.
The Frigidaire 70-pint Dehumidifier relies on compressor technology to cool the coils that are used to remove water from your room. While not as quiet as electro thermal units, compressor systems are energy efficient for large rooms as evidenced by Frigidaire’s Energy Star rating for this unit. The refrigeration chemicals in the Frigidaire unit’s cooling coils create a frigid passageway for air causing water to condense and drip into the collection reservoir.
The Frigidaire 70-pint Dehumidifier is packed with useful features that give you more control over your environment. Here just a few:
- Optional Continuous Drainage: The Frigidaire’s removable reservoir holds up to 16 pints of liquid. But with an optional connection to a drain, the unit can operate continuously to remove up to 70 pints per day.
- Easy Empty Reservoir: The reservoir for this dehumidifier is located in the front of the unit for easy removal. The reservoir has a splash guard and carrying handle too.
- Antibacterial Filter: A mesh filter removes particles from the air to help you breathe easier. This filter is easily removable by sliding it out from the side of the unit. The washable filter makes it easy to keep the air flowing through your dehumidifier fresh.
- Environmental Controls: This dehumidifier allows you to set the exact level of humidity you want to maintain in your room. Select a percentage humidity level and the Frigidaire 70-pint Dehumidifier compressor will power down once this level is reached. The Frigidaire dehumidifier has lots of other benefits as well.
- Efficient Operation: The Frigidaire 70-pint Dehumidifier is Energy Star Certified and allows you to choose from two fan speeds. In addition, the compressor only operates when needed to reach your desired humidity level providing more energy savings.
- Low Noise: Despite the fact that compressor-based dehumidifiers are noted for being noisier than their electrothermal counterparts, this Frigidaire unit measures at only 53.4 decibels. That noise level is the same as the level heard during a normal conversation and quieter than an air conditioning unit.
- Electronic Display: This dehumidifier is designed to communicate. If the filter needs to be cleaned, the water emptied or any other problem arises and easy to ready electronic display will notify you.
Tips For Best Performance
If you decide that the Frigidaire 70-pint Dehumidifier is the right unit for your needs, keep these tips in mind:
- Because these chemicals are in liquid form, your Frigidaire unit should be stored in an upright position at all times. If you need to transport it on its side, the unit will need to stand upright for at least one hour before being operated.
- The Frigidaire 70-pint Dehumidifier comes equipped with a 6-foot power cord. This cord is three-pronged and cannot be used with an extension cord. Before purchasing this dehumidifier, make sure that you have appropriate power outlets in the room where you plan to use the unit.
- To avoid leaks when using the Frigidaire’s continuous drainage option, the dehumidifier needs to be above the drain being used. The water from the attached hose must be able to flow down to the drain for removal.
- To conserve energy, once your room is dry set your dehumidifier to a comfortable humidity level rather than allowing the compressor to run continuously.
- The Frigidaire dehumidifier operates best at temperatures between 41 and 96 degrees Fahrenheit. The unit may not work or work very ineffectively outside of this temperature range.
- If your dehumidifier doesn’t appear to be working effectively, check the grill and filters to make sure they are clean so that air can pass through the unit.
- Place your dehumidifier on a level surface with at least 12 inches of clearance around it for best performance. Make sure that the unit is in an enclosed area that is within its capacity to handle (1400 square feet).
- Note: Adjacent rooms will not benefit from the dehumidifier unless air circulates between them and the room in which the unit is located.
Uses For The Frigidaire 70-Pint Dehumidifier
Here are some ways in which the Frigidaire Energy Star 70-pint Dehumidifier can help you control your environment:
- In the basement: Keep your basement dry, warm and mildew free by continuously running your dehumidifier to maintain a comfortable humidity level. Use your humidifier on the maximum capacity to dry carpeting and furniture quickly in the event your basement is flooded.
- In the garage: Keep your tools safe and dry by pulling out excess moisture. If your pipes burst in the garage, a dehumidifier can help you get things dried out fast.
- In the house: If your bathroom fan or dry ventilation can’t keep up with the moisture produced by your family, running a dehumidifier can help keep things at just the right level. Keep your bedroom dry and mildew free by running a dehumidifier next to the master bathroom.
The Frigidaire Energy Star 70-pint Dehumidifier is an excellent tool to have on hand when you are waging a war against excess humidity. This unit can be used to continuously maintain the humidity in your home and help dry out a room in an emergency.