A Powerful Performer For Environmental Control: The Frigidaire FFAD7033R1 70-pint Dehumidifier
If you want a real powerhouse 70-pint dehumidifier from a brand you can trust, look no further than Frigidaire’s FFAD7033R1. Although it’s small and light, this awesome unit can strip 70 pints of water from your room daily. Whether you need it for the basement or garage, the FFAD7033R1 will help you bring your humidity levels into line in even the biggest spaces.
Large Room – No Problem
Every couple of years, Frigidaire introduces a new model into its dehumidifier range.
The futuristic, sleek-looking FFAD7033R1 supersedes the incredibly popular FAD704DWD.
This tweak in design is one of the principal attractions of the updated unit. If you are going to have your dehumidifier in plain sight, the newer version looks more attractive.
The overall specs of these two large-scale dehumidifiers are very similar. Aesthetics aside, the other key advantage of the FFAD7033R1 over its earlier incarnation is a back vent leading to quieter operation.
This extremely powerful machine boasts an impressive capacity and allows for full room dehumidification. The Frigidaire 70-pint dehumidifier can easily deal with spaces up to 1400 square feet. 500 square feet is the size recommended for optimum results.
With superb functionality, the Frigidaire 70-pint dehumidifier can be used to dry a room quickly or continuously control moisture.
Perfect for basements, bedrooms or other large areas, this dehumidifier can be used with a hose to continually drain water from the reservoir. If no connecting drain is available, then the machine will stop running once the reservoir is filled.
For an appliance so powerful, the Frigidaire weighs in at less than 50 pounds. It measures just 24.4 x 11.6 x 15 inches.
This powerhouse can remove 70 pints of water from your room every day. Despite its size, the FFAD7033R1 is extremely easy to move. Top and side handles allow you to lift and move the unit. Casters underneath let you happily roll it around your room.
The Frigidaire 70-pint Dehumidifier relies on compressor technology to cool down the coils that are used to remove water from your room.
While not as quiet as some electro thermal units, compressor systems make up for this noise with wonderful energy efficiency in large rooms. This is illustrated by the Energy Star rating on this unit.
The refrigeration chemicals in the Frigidaire unit’s cooling coils create a frigid passageway for air. This causes water to condense and drip into the collection reservoir.
The Frigidaire 70-pint Dehumidifier is packed with useful features that give you more control over your environment. Take a glance at the many ways in which this unit will help you to combat moisture in the air:
- Optional Continuous Drainage: The Frigidaire’s removable reservoir holds up to 13 pints of liquid. This is a 25% decrease on the 16-pint capacity of the previous model. With an optional connection to a drain, though, the unit can operate continuously to remove up to 70 pints a day.
- Easy Empty Reservoir: The reservoir for this dehumidifier is located in the front of the unit for easy removal. The reservoir has a useful splashguard and carrying handle too.
- Antibacterial Filter: A mesh filter removes particles from the air to help you breathe more easily. This can be removed by simply sliding it out from the side of the unit. The washable filter makes it easy to keep the air flowing through your dehumidifier nice and fresh.
- Environmental Controls: This dehumidifier allows you to set the exact level of humidity you want to maintain in your room. Select a percentage humidity level and the compressor will power down once this level is reached.
- Efficient Operation: The Frigidaire 70-pint Dehumidifier is Energy Star Certified and allows you to choose from two fan speeds. Also, the compressor only operates when needed to reach your desired humidity level. This can help to slash your energy bills and is an eco-friendly option.
- Minimal Noise: Despite the fact that compressor-based dehumidifiers are noted for being noisier than their electro thermal counterparts, this Frigidaire unit kicks out just 53.4 decibels. That noise level is the same as a normal conversation and quieter than an air conditioning unit.
- Electronic Display: This dehumidifier is designed to communicate with you. If the filter needs to be cleaned, the water emptied or any other problem arises, a crisp, clear electronic display will notify you.
TIPS FOR BEST PERFORMANCE
If you decide to invest in the Frigidaire 70-pint dehumidifier, keep these useful tips in mind:
- Because these chemicals are in liquid form, your Frigidaire unit should be stored in an upright position at all times. If you need to transport it on its side, the unit will need to stand upright for at least one hour before being used.
- The Frigidaire 70-pint Dehumidifier comes equipped with a 6-foot power cord. This cord is three-pronged and cannot be used with an extension cord. Before purchasing this dehumidifier, make sure that you have appropriate power outlets in the room where you plan to use the unit. Don’t overlook this and get caught out.
- To avoid leaks when using the Frigidaire’s continuous drainage option, the dehumidifier needs to be above the drain being used. The water from the attached hose must be able to flow down to the drain for removal.
- To conserve energy, once your room is dry, set your dehumidifier to a comfortable level rather than allowing the compressor to run continuously.
- The Frigidaire FFAD7033R1 works best at temperatures between 41 and 96 degrees Fahrenheit. Outside of this temperature range, performance may be compromised.
- If your dehumidifier stops working effectively, check the grill and filters to make sure they are clean and air can pass properly through the unit.
- Place your dehumidifier on a level surface with at least 12 inches of clearance around it for best results. Make sure that the unit is in an enclosed area that is within its 1400 square feet capacity.
- Note that adjacent rooms will not benefit from the dehumidifier unless air circulates between these spaces.
USES FOR THE FRIGIDAIRE 70-PINT DEHUMIDIFIER
Here are some ways in which the Frigidaire FFAD7033R1 70-pint dehumidifier can help you control your environment:
- In the basement: Keep your basement dry, warm and mildew-free by continuously running your dehumidifier to maintain a comfortable level of moisture. Use its maximum capacity to dry carpeting or furniture quickly in the event of your basement being flooded.
- In the garage: Keep your tools safe and dry by extracting all excess moisture. If your pipes burst in the garage, a dehumidifier can help you get things dried out fast.
- In the house: If your bathroom fan or dry ventilation can’t keep up with the moisture produced by your family, running a dehumidifier can help normalize the levels perfectly. Keep your bedroom dry and free of mildew by running a dehumidifier next to the master bathroom.
To recap, the Frigidaire FFAD7033R1 70-pint Dehumidifier is an excellent weapon if you are waging a war against excess humidity. This unit can be used to continuously maintain moisture levels in your home and can also help dry out a room in an emergency.
If you are looking for a high quality dehumidifier that packs a punch without weighing a ton, the FFAD7033R1 will not disappoint.